Sunday, August 11, 2024

this could still be considered a progress

Ten days have already passed since my birth month started. But here I am, still unable to do a daily blog post. It's actually one of the things I said I'd do since last month if I truly wanted to make any progress in any of my writings.

I was able to do so with the 27th of July as my starting point. It's only been two weeks, I know. But I'm still happy with all the progress I've made. And it's crazy! Now I've just started doing a daily update on 2 of the fanfics posted on FFN. Well, it's only been two days since I did that. So maybe I shouldn't fully celebrate fully just yet.

But as they say, a progress is still a progress. I just have to rein in the perfectionism (-ish) and haste in finishing a lot of things. Particularly the stories I wanted to write and those that I wanted to finish writing. I know that it's something I need to work on. I have a lot (and I mean WAY LOTS) of stories I want to write and because I would be in a hurry to write them, I'd end up neglecting the other ones I've already started.

It's a bad trait, I know. But I'm slowly doing my best to fix it. To do that, I know I have to take it slow. And so, out of the 14 current stories that are ongoing (and even the ones in hiatus), I've started with JUST ONE for two weeks. And yesterday, I decided to add two stories on the list of stories to focus on. Just 1,000 words or more. If I can write them in one hour, all the better. But definitely more focused on the "1,000 words or more" aim for each chapter/scene of the story I decided to focus on.

Now let's see if I can do a daily blog post, aside from updating IHOTY (the acronym of the first story I decided to do daily updates) and the 2 fanfics now (BK and RSS). That would be amazing! 😊💕

No comments:

Post a Comment