Sunday, May 19, 2024

What I did today... while learning Spanish

So, honestly... Why am I making my blog as a social media account or something? I mean, I know I could do this in Facebook. But... if I'm going to be honest, I really have this urge to delete that account already. It's a rather rash decision on my part. Or for now, that's what I think. But hey, I can still change my mind if it comes to that. Right?

Okay, back to the topic.

I finished my goal of doing a 26 minutes comprehensible input in Spanish in Dreaming Spanish. I was able to do 29 minutes today, by the way. I guess you could say I didn't track the time when I was watching the last video. But at least I made it! Yay!


Why 26 minutes, you say? Well, let's just say I "cheated" on some parts. There are days that I couldn't actually go to the site to do my daily comprehensible input Spanish lessons. And to think I only have 10 minutes to spare as my daily goal. Yes, I have my lazy days in language learning. I would put random number of minutes on the days that I couldn't go to the site to do my lessons.

In this case (this month, in particular), I did that "cheating" for five days. Here's the run down of the dates and the number of minutes I put:

  • May 9 - 5 minutes
  • May 11 - 4 minutes
  • May 15 - 3 minutes
  • May 17 - 2 minutes
  • May 18 - 2 minutes
Here's the calendar for my progress this month.

So... that's a total of 16 minutes. Add the usual daily goal of 10 minutes, that makes it 26 minutes. I know. It's not much of a daily effort just so I can easily complete Level 1 (that has a total of 50 hours input, according to the site). By the way, I didn't do the entire 29 minutes in one sitting. I ended up doing 2 sessions for this. The first one took me 14 minutes before going out to head to town. While I ended up finishing the second session after returning from town.

That's crazy, right? I can't believe I'm doing this right now. But... I did it.

Here's the thing, though. I'm actually planning to do another round of this. But this time, I'll be using the minutes that remained in each of those days. What do I mean by that?

It's like this:
  • I put 5 minutes on May 9th, right? That means, there are 5 more minutes remaining to complete the 10 minute daily goal.
  • Same goes for May 11th, which I placed 6 minutes. Therefore, I have to complete 4 minutes just so I can reach the 10 minute mark.
  • May 15th has 3 minutes, and so I need to do 7 minutes worth of comprehensible input videos.
  • I placed 2 minutes on both May 17th and 18th, which means I need to watch 16 minutes total worth of videos to complete the daily goal of two days.
So now, when I would add that, I have to do 32 minutes of comprehensible input. Adding the 10 minutes for that day (let's say I'd do this tomorrow), it only means I have to watch 42 minutes worth of comprehensible input videos on Dreaming Spanish.

Honestly, that's a little crazy! But I want to do it. Of course, I won't be doing it in one sitting, unless I have that amount of time to just sit. But now, I don't have that much time to do comprehensible input in one sitting. Or even to do other tasks for that long, for that matter. I just have to figure it out and make it work so I can achieve the goal in one day.

It's definitely going to be tough, but I can tell that it's going to be worth it in the end.

No comments:

Post a Comment