Saturday, October 12, 2024

033: there was a definitely a questionable story there

Good evening! Here we are with another reading blog... even though lately, I'm pretty sure you ended up reading my rants about life instead. At least, that's how I would interpret it.

I'm already sleepy, I'm not going to lie. But I know I still need to put this update down here, as per usual. It's not going to be long since I know I won't be able to concentrate on writing anything longer than 6-7 paragraphs when I'm sleepy. So let's see where my mind would take me with this particular blog entry.

I did choose to finish reading novellas again. Another "as per usual" issues. But I did finish reading another volume of a light novel series. That's an achievement, considering I was only 37% of it the last time. And it sit there for almost a week. Let's get on with the list of it, shall we?


Here are the books & novellas I read today and the ratings I gave to each of them:
  1. Caught Up In Him (Caught Up In Love #0.25) by Lauren Blakely - ⭐⭐⭐; As much as I want to read the main story, that would take some consideration. Then again, this is just basically a prologue of the pair's love story from five years back. Yes, it makes me curious as to why he cut it off with her when things were already looking good. But maybe some other time. 
  2. My Daddy's Best Friend by Gia Blue - ⭐⭐; What the heck did I just read? This isn't the first time I read anything with this trope. But this book (or should I say the girl in this book) has only made me question a lot of things. Mainly her sanity. Urgh! Oh, yeah. And I have to put something on the book cover because it's way too much, in my opinion. Even when you say that this is an erotic (and possibly disgusting ㅡ because of the girl) story.
  3. Rory (Summoner #0.5) by Taran Matharu - ⭐⭐⭐⭐; Haven't read the series just yet, to put it out there. But thankfully, this is a prequel. Or should I say, one of the prequels of the series. So you could say I'm just starting to have a glimpse of the world of the series a bit. Love that there were still explanations of the one of the conflicts and political aspects of it. Maybe I should read the other 3 prequel novellas first before I proceed with actually starting to read the main story.
  4. By The Grace Of The Gods Vol. 4 by Roy - ⭐⭐⭐⭐; In a way, this volume was a bit boring for me. Just a little. Maybe that's why it took me longer than expected to finish reading this? But I still read it since this was the basis of the start of the second season in the anime version. I know I talked a lot about the anime version, but that was because it was my first exposure of this light novel. Of course, there were characters here that didn't appear in the anime, and so reading them like this feels like I'm looking at a slightly different story. Nonetheless, it was entertaining right around the middle and also the bonus stories centering on what happened after Ryoma died on Earth.
  5. Oh, Baby (Her Russian Protector #2.1) by Roxie Rivera - ⭐⭐⭐⭐; I haven't read Dmitri's story, but I saw that this is like an epilogue of some sort talking about their appointment to the doctor now that Benny is having a baby.
  6. House Rules (Her Russian Protector #1.1) by Roxie Rivera - ⭐⭐⭐; I already guessed that the talk about the house rules would end up with the two of them taking it on a spicier level. But maybe it helped get the point across? I don't know. I haven't read Ivan's story, as well. But this is also like an epilogue shorts of a sort.
  7. Sister, Sister (Her Russian Protector) by Roxie Rivera - ⭐⭐⭐; Again, haven't read the main story, but it seems this is another epilogue. This time, during a jail visitation that Erin did for her sister. Of course, there were a few encounters on the way ㅡ both good and bad.
There you go. I told you it would only be short. And one had seriously made me ballistic or something like that. Not literally, of course. I just can't believe I read something that has a female lead who was as selfish and stupid and incredibly annoying. Even if it was just a short story, it doesn't justify her actions, no matter how much she was in love. Of course, I already know that love can make you do crazy (even questionable) things.

Now all I have to do is to figure out what to read next. But with all the books that I have both on my side and in my phone, that's not going to be easy. Wish me luck!

That's it for me. See you tomorrow! Happy book reading. 😊✌️💕📚📖

No comments:

Post a Comment