Sunday, October 13, 2024

034: even when busy, there's still time to time

Good evening!

Yes, I was busy the whole day since I have to get out and head to the market twice today. And honestly, that was tiring. Then again, it was needed.

Because of that, I only got to read one book today. It was a novella and a prequel to a trilogy by Raquel Lyon. This was the first time I read any of her works.


As for a prequel, it does give a background of who I assumed to be the FL (female lead) Sophie in the story. I only learned about it when I read the synopsis for the first book of the Foxblood trilogy. I don't know where Sam would actually fit into the picture in the other books. Right now, I'm in the dark.

Even so, the story was still good. I only rated it ⭐⭐⭐⭐, though. Maybe because it's a prequel and there were questions left unanswered that, for sure, the rest of the books in the trilogy could answer. Mainly Sophie's strange dreams and Sam's real reasons for protecting her. I don't think Sam's role would just end in this prequel. The only character that annoyed me besides the bullies was her friend Beth. I mean, you seriously consider each other best friends? Not in a mile, from the looks of it. Then again, novellas don't usually show enough.

Okay. I know it was short. But I still love it. It's 11:20 PM and I know I'm supposed to sleep already. But I have some more journaling to do. And possibly even reading.

For now, that's all for today. See you tomorrow! Happy book reading. 😊✌️💕📚📖

No comments:

Post a Comment