Thursday, October 10, 2024

031: not a good productive day for reading

Good evening, guys! Welcome back!

Okay, as much as the perkiness (just imagine that it was like that) that the greeting implied, I did not have a good reading day today. It's a good thing that I don't make page count quotas anymore or I would be pressured, making reading feel like a chore to me in some way. I don't want that. I just want to read leisurely as much as I can and see how many books I can read. I just want to just read without a care in the world again.

But if I were to consider the current situation in our household at the moment, reading is ㅡ at some point ㅡ my way of taking my mind off of the issue. One was laid off from work and another was dealing with mental breakdown. Just learning all these is putting a weight on my own mind that I would end up overthinking. And it never gave me any good result mentally whenever that happens. So now, reading has somehow helped me alleviate that mental stress starting to pile up before I could even realize it. Being unemployed (and to think I'm the eldest child) would only put me in a precarious position to contribute something so I wouldn't end up thinking that I was a burden to my younger sisters.

With that issue put aside in the meantime (as I might provide updates on them if I can do so), I only got to read two novellas today and continued reading "By The Grace Of The Gods" Volume 4. Only managed to read 3 pages of that, though. I wasn't feeling good during the latter half of the day, so I only read what I could. The other books I got to read today were:

  1. Hard by Jenika Snow - ⭐⭐⭐⭐; The length of this novella surprised me. But hey, the plot saved it for me, especially for my sleepy mind. Best friends/neighbors-to-lovers trope is here. And yes, their bed scene was intense, for my taste.
  2. Dry Spell by Vi Keeland - ⭐⭐⭐⭐; This is really short, not going to lie. But at least the story was establish. And the spicy scene wasn't that explicitly descriptive, so to speak. To my still aching head while I was reading this, it was a good thing. The way they met, though, was funny.
This is the first time I've read works of both of these authors. And I did try to find more novellas that these two wrote just so I can see the writing style differences. I was able to do the same when I read works by Alexa Riley and Jessa Kane before. At the moment, I don't have anything else to say about it. I might be able to use them as guides for my own writing.

Okay, I should be sleeping already since I still don't feel good. Maybe because I haven't taken in any medicine for that just yet. See you tomorrow! Happy book reading. 😊✌️💕📚📖

No comments:

Post a Comment