Friday, October 11, 2024

032: trying to read more on a rainy day

...but if you see the picture of the books featured here, you can see that I didn't get to do that. Yikes!

Good evening, everyone! Welcome back to my blog.

I'm sleepy already. It's past 10 PM and I was still planning to write on my journal after this. I'll try. If not, I might have to write them on my phone in the meantime if the idea of handwriting is just giving me more reasons to stress myself out.

Mostly the whole day, all I did was book hunting. And I mean digital ones since I couldn't get out because of the rain. I know it's not ideal for me to read a lot on my phone. But this is my other option for reading books in the meantime before I purchase an e-reader or something like that. And honestly, it feels good to see more books that I wcould really like to read in the future.

Now where were we? Oh, right. Books I read today. It wasn't much since I ended up doing an errand before the hard rain fell. It was late morning, so maybe that's why it wasn't raining just yet. By the way, I chose not to read the remaining books in "Faraway" Collaction of the darker tone of each novella for a modern day fairy tale retelling. I think I should blame it on the second novella of the series. I can't fully explain it why I did that. Then again, I might return to reading the rest of the novellas in the series once I'm in a calmer mindset for such endings, if you know what I mean.


I only got to read these three novellas/short stories today since those are the ones that I know I could finish reading today while I'm doing my errand.
  1. Wes Bennett's Vivid Dream by Lynn Painter - ⭐⭐⭐⭐; Yes, I know I still haven't read "Better Than The Movies". But we'll get there. At the moment, I was more inclined to reading short stories and novellas. But seriously, Wes, you must be thinking of Liz so much for you to have such a dream. I was just smiling while reading it. Crazy!
  2. Claimed By The Mountain Man by Isla Chiu - ⭐⭐⭐; Like... that instant? Hmmm... I don't think I should comment on that since it does happen in real life. I think. But for someone to declare that you'd be his wife and right at that first meeting because of an accident, both of you actually did it? Okay, my mind is still elsewhere. But I still love the fact that it's just a short read.
  3. My Last Blind Date by Susan Hatler - ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐; Rachel was just like me. Afraid of taking risks, especially when it comes to the matters of the heart. But I did guess in the middle of the story that it was that guy who turned out to be her blind date for that day. Or as Ellen would state it, he was her Henry. Love the story, love that she took a chance and the fairy tale that she wanted had actually happened. Yay!
I don't know how many pages I'm going to read tomorrow, even though it's going to be a weekend. More often than not, things around here are getting even more chaotic than usual during the weekends. So we'll see how many pages I'd be able to read tomorrow.

See you tomorrow! Happy book reading. 😊✌️💕📚📖

No comments:

Post a Comment