Tuesday, October 8, 2024

029: when novellas give you ideas

Good evening! It's nearing midnight, though it's only 10:49 PM as I'm only starting to write here. But that's better than not writing at all, I guess.

I did read a considerable about of novellas once again. It seems that I prefer reading them these days, especially when I don't want to read 200+ or more pages worth of a novel. I do have that kind of thinking when reading would start to become a sort of a chore or something for my mind. Do it small steps at a time.


Yup. As you can see, more erotic romance novellas done reading for today. I guess it's hard to stay away from them. Urgh! Not sure if that was even a good thing. But reading them would help me create ideas for my novella projects. Yes, with S. That means, a lot of novella plot ideas were already swirling in my head.
  1. Mating With Mallows by Nora Noodle - ⭐⭐; Like, girl? Hello? What kind of story is this? You're kidding me, right? I'm still frowning as I thought of the time I finished reading this. And I was like, what the heck did I just read? So, yes. No surprise I gave this such a rating. Urgh!
  2. Here All Along by Lilly Avalon - ⭐⭐⭐⭐; It was just there. But there were definitely things that would take a turn in a way we don't expect if one would keep the truth hidden. At least, that's how I would describe the lead characters as they were both ranting and complaining about their recent last dates. Only to end up with each other and have a steamy night together when they finally opened their eyes ㅡ and their senses ㅡ to the affection that was there between them all along.
  3. Her Best Mistake by Donna McDonald - ⭐⭐⭐⭐; Crazy to have twins creating such chaos to one's life. And it's even crazier when someone make a really... kinky (?) mistake because of that. And now... it happened. The craziness finally caught up and tangled them to it. That's all I can say. I love the storyline, but I'm going to punch Eric for the craziness he would put people with his ideas.
  4. Zero Hour by Autumn Jones Lake - ⭐⭐⭐; I didn't know this novella was a prequel to a three part love story between Z and Lilly and I saw that it was like more than 150 chapters divided into three parts. And here I thought I could read the continuation of their story in just one book. But I guess this gives a sort of long flashback that gives an insight on how the relationship between the lead characters actually started ㅡ and also cemented ㅡ in the official three books. If you know what I mean.
  5. Nothing Better Than You by Lynn Painter - ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐; Honestly, I haven't read "Better Than The Movies" at all when I decided to read this. Sorry! 😁✌️ But even so, I still love the whole novella since it can be treated as a standalone, in some way. And I fell in love with the whole thing. I love it whenever I would read a guy's point of view when it comes to what they truly feel for the person they love the most.
  6. Forever Winter by Alexa Riley - ⭐⭐⭐⭐; I finally got to read this since it kept on appearing on my Goodreads recommendation. And it didn't disappoint. I mean, the plot was already predictable in some aspects, but I still love the delivery of it.
Okay, now I'm yawning as I'm typing here. I guess fatigue finally caught up and I'm not fighting the drowsiness that goes with it. By the way, I changed my Goodreads goal to 100 books. Two more books and I can finally complete it.

See you tomorrow! Happy book reading. 😊✌️💕📚📖

No comments:

Post a Comment