Saturday, October 5, 2024

026: changes made

Good evening! It's already past 11 PM here and I was seriously ready to sleep. And then I remembered that I have to write here since I'm done writing in my journal. Gosh! Why do I keep forgetting that I also have to write here?

I changed my Goodreads reading challenge goal from 100 books back to its original goal ㅡ 24 books. So in a way, I was already done and had completed my goal even before the month end. Sure, we all know that majority of them were novellas. But I still read these books and I managed to achieve my reading goal because of it. Of course, it still won't stop me from doing my best to read every single day. I'm making it a habit, aside from daily journaling.


I was able to read 9 novellas today since that's what I chose. And yes, more erotic romances, as you can see. But there were some... "okay" ones. Now that was a weird term to use for those that were just in the middle of the supposed choice.
  1. "Door Prize" by Lynn La Fleur - ⭐⭐⭐; Can I just laugh at this? Not in a demeaning way, don't worry. I just can't believe the prize she got there. Sex toys? Then again, why am I complaining? She loved it. It's the guy that she wanted to try them to that she had a problem. Or maybe not. At least, the attraction was already in place. Just left unsaid and not properly conveyed.
  2. "Burning For You" by Kate Hunt - ⭐⭐⭐; What's with all this auction theme in such stories, anyway? Or maybe I hasn't been on the "bandwagon" long enough for me to realize that this was some trend. Then again, it does happen. Not openly, anyway. And not every day that you'll find someone worth your time (and your sex drive) in such auctions.
  3. "One Night On A Train" by Kelsey Charisma - ⭐⭐⭐; Girl, how in the world did you manage to keep pretending to sleep and not make so much sound while someone was already pounding with such force inside of you? Are you freaking kidding me?
  4. "The Billionaire's Toy" by Penny Wylder - ⭐⭐⭐; It's when someone decided to cross the line of professionalism and... well, being horny for someone you only met in such a short period of time. And of course, the times they did bits and pieces of it nearly in public. Are you kidding me? But I agree with one of the reviews I saw in Goodreads. Somehow, the title was a bit misleading.
  5. "Cursed By Cupid" by Wendy Sparrow - ⭐⭐⭐⭐; Not an erotic romance, thank goodness! 😂😂 But heck! Chain letters? For real? I mean, I did receive some of them before but I don't recall ever breaking the chain, no matter how annoying it appeared even back then. Crazy. So I can't believe that this was a plot of it. But who would've thought that even bad luck created by such chain letter could bring you your one someday? Well, that's what happened to her. And I found it amusing.
  6. "Pound Of Flesh" by Jessa Kane - ⭐⭐⭐; A person as a collateral... I was so ready to punch the guy who would just carelessly do this to someone, especially to a woman. I mean, are you kidding me? But of course, this is a story and I know there were cases like this in real life, as well. It's the Stockholm Syndrome part that doesn't sit well with me, that it reaches the point of intense sexual connection. Horrifying in some way. 😱😱 But maybe the mutual feelings saved it for me.
  7. "Fake Model" by Cassie Mint - ⭐⭐⭐⭐; Twin swapping again. Not that I have read a lot of such trope. But... for this to actually lead to an instant connection to someone you weren't supposed to have such connections in the first place, yikes! Things had gone haywire... and also hot! *fans face* I can't believe I'm actually writing something like this here. And yes, it was kinkier than I was expecting, not going to lie.
  8. "Get Me Off" by Penny Wylder - ⭐⭐⭐; Not sure if I would ever consider social media here as a good "bridge" of some sort for one to meet their possible love of their lives. I mean, I know it does happen. But this one took a hot turn. And a lot of face to face convincing that not all you see in social media should be taken as it is.
  9. "Hazel and Gray" (Faraway Collection #2) by Nic Stone - ⭐⭐⭐; I know fairy tales can be dark, especially if one would consider their origins. But for this retelling? Seriously? Then again, I like the modern twist of this. I guess all the novellas in the collection has modern twist in them. Though I can't be sure. But heck? That stepfather and the possible reason why Hazel ended up meeting Gray was dark, in my opinion. And yes, I truly wanted to break that stepfather's face.
I honestly should do this in each of the book I finish reading. Not just the ratings and the time I finished reading them. You know, I might have to post these short reviews in IG, as well. Just so I can also do some daily updates in there and not neglect it. Maybe I should do that on the second account.

Okay, that's all I have. Still no updates on my writings as I haven't written that much yet. See you tomorrow! Happy reading. 😊✌️💕📚📖

No comments:

Post a Comment