Tuesday, September 17, 2024

008: Done Reading Another Book While A New Mental Debate Started

Gosh! I hate waking up like this when I only slept for an hour or so after waking up in an ungodly hour, if I say so myself. Shorter explanation? I was awaken at past 1 AM and didn't get to sleep until 3 AM, even when I tried my hardest. And to think I have to wake up at 5 AM... Urgh! I am not liking this at all.

On the lighter side, I GOT TO FINISH READING A BOOK! Yes, I have to write it in caps lock for emphasis. I'd rather do it that way. 😁😁 I'd still consider it a book even when it was just only a short amount of pages and it was meant for kids. I finished reading the 11th book of Hardy Boys, "While The Clock Ticked" in 3 days. It's a little slow for a middle grade (was it categorized there?) book. But I was only reading what was in my page count quota and would only add more if I have both the energy and the time to read more. I'd like doing my reading that way for now. No pressure, you know.

Ah, by the way, I was able to finish reading 7 CHAPTERS (not 6, as I originally wrote yesterday) of "While The Clock Ticked". It made me finish reading the book, too. That was a total of 112 pages, people! I surely surpassed my page count quota from yesterday. That's crazy! I only needed to read 40 pages yesterday, you know. And I was able to read more than 40? Wow!

So that's done! What now? What book would I choose to read next? That's where my mental debate started. You see, I have about four books that were in my library for a long time. But they were long books. I have:
  • "Ink and Bone" by Rachel Cane (18%)
  • "Lord of the Rings: The Fellowship of the Ring" by J.R.R. Tolkien (20%)
  • "City of Bones" by Cassandra Clare (21%)
  • "Doon" by Carey Corp and Lorie Langdon (38%)
There were also light novels that I started reading, but I'm not including them in this list as these four books were the ones that I started since the 1st quarter of last year. Like, what the heck? That long? Yes, that long. And while I was debating in my head on what to read next, I did read 7 pages of "Doon" yesterday. Adding it to the page count that I got from "While The Clock Ticked", I read a total of 119 pages. That's a lot... and also crazy! Of course, I was happy.

But here was the problem that started the debate in my mind. I wanted to read a shorter book that is not Hardy Boys. That's what made me look for a romance novella that is not heavy in the heart and not too dramatic. The events in "While The Clock Ticked" was already intense, I tell you. Maybe not as much as today's standard of intense. But it's still intense for me, you got it? 😁✌️So I needed something light.

That was when I remembered the "Improbable Meet-Cute" series in which they said were a series of novellas from various authors. And I wasn't looking forwar to reading a fantasy any time soon, anyway. So that series is the lifesaver (and also a mind-saver) for me. With that, the next book for me to read was chosen.


The first book in the "Improbable Meet-Cute" novella series ㅡ Christina Lauren's "The Exception To The Rule". Come to think ofbit, when was the last time I read romance books, anyway? Gosh, I can't remember. It's just something short, I already check. So I wanted to give it a try and read a romance story for a change.

And now, the page count quota for today.


I actually used a different picker today, just to change it a little. And I liked the spinning wheel animation when I would tap "Spin". Okay, that's a bit childish, but I don't mind. So... 60, it is. But you know what? If daily life doesn't get in the way, I might be able to finish reading the novella today. That could happen, right? But we'll still see. After this, I might proceed to reading one of the four pending books or... another Hardy Boys book. Seriously...

Anyway, new book, here I come! 📖😊✌️💕

No comments:

Post a Comment