Thursday, September 12, 2024

003: Daily Update: Reading Triumphs and Writing Fails

Now where was I? Oh, yes. Another daily update of what I've been doing since yesterday. I didn't get to do much since I have to go out twice and I was tired because of that.

I managed to reach my reading quota from yesterday, which was 26 pages. That's short and doable, so thankfully, I managed to reach that page count. I'm still reading "Daddy Long Legs" and I think I might be able to finish reading this before the week ends. Who knows. And it also depends on the number of pages that I would end up reading every day. As much as I want to write my thoughts about the book right now, I don't want to. But I've already reached the part where Judy is a sophomore and had spent time with Jervis Pendleton. Wow, right? Honestly, every letter was too much for me. But I did dream of writing a story like that one day. An epistolary one.

Anyway, it's 7:14 AM as of writing. So, yes. As you can see, I didn't get up at 5 AM today because I was so sleepy, for some strange reason. And no, my sister took a leave today so she doesn't have any work and she went to La Union last night. It will be a non-working holiday this Friday, which is called "Sipat Day". It's apparently a Cordilleran holiday, and if I'm being honest, I have no idea what it means. Sorry for being ignorant on this topic. In any case, that means, I don't have to wake up early to help her prepare or anything for the next two days ㅡ starting today.

So my first reading task failed today (waking up early). But at least I could still do the second one (reaching my reading quota). As for today, this is the number of pages that I have to read, courtesy of another random number generator.


Still doable, right? But you know, I might be able to read more depending on the situation. I mean, I managed to read 29 pages yesterday when all that was required for me to read was 26. Four pages more! What do you know? I'm being weird here, I know. But for someone who had not read and had been dealing with a bad case of reading slump for a long time, this is something else.

As for my writing... It's a fail. I didn't get to continue writing that one-shot fanfic even when I intended to, only because I ended up falling asleep before I could even stop myself. That means, I was just so tired that I didn't realize what I ended up doing until I've done it. In this case, sleeping. Crazy, right? But maybe that's just how my body is operating right now. I was just tired that I badly needed to sleep and nothing else.

This is what I can write here for now. Gosh! I can't even think of a proper title for this blog entry. So maybe I'm posting this here for now without a title. I'll put an update just in case I managed to think of a good blog entry title. Okay? 😊✌️💕

Update (7:38 AM 9/13/24 "Friday the 13th"): The blog title for this entry is courtesy of ChatGPT when I asked it for possible blog title. Sorry.

No comments:

Post a Comment