Sunday, September 29, 2024

020: still reading even when the storm surges

Good evening, guys! I hope you're all safe, especially those affected by Typhoon Julian (international name Krathon) today. They've already placed Benguet (the province where I live) to Tropical Cyclone Wind Signal #1 and since this morning, the rain and wind were hurling crazy around us. And yes, it was also cold that I just want to stay in my bed and get curled up in my blanket.

Yup, that's the ideal life ㅡ especially when you know you have so many books to read.

As for the books, 20 consecutive entries and 41 books/novellas in total (according to Goodreads) just for the month of September... What in the world just happened for me to reach that? Crazy, right? I didn't think I'd be able to read that many in just a month (even though I "cheated" since majority of that 41 were novellas and short stories) after that long reading slump.


Today, I got to finish 4 novellas and 1 light novel. I was required to read 34 pages, and I got to read SO MUCH MORE than what I needed. Yes, I finally finished reading the third volume of "By The Grace Of The Gods" today! I rated it ⭐⭐⭐⭐ in Goodreads even though I wanted to rate it 4.25. Or maybe 4.5. I was torn between the two, to be honest. This was until this volume that the remaining episodes of the first season of the anime version was based on.

As for the rest of the novellas, I gave them all ⭐⭐⭐ ratings in Goodreads. I mean, they were all good stories. But perhaps not that enough to keep me hooked. Then again, they were just short reads. It was the plot that probably got me sort of... bored. Apathetic. Unfeeling in some way. Was that how I was supposed to call it? I don't know. Or maybe that's just me and my personal opinion.

I know I once mentioned that I used a color spin wheel to determine my next read among my pending reads. Or have I? But yes, that was the idea and I finally picked the first one. I based my choices (since I have 5 books that I started reading a long while ago but never got to actually finish them) on the dominant color of the book cover.

The color choices were:
  • Fuschia
  • Lime
  • Green
  • Light blue
  • Red
The first color picked was GREEN.


Starting tomorrow, I would be continuing to read "Doon" by Carey Corp and Lorie Langdon. I would say, this was a long time coming. I mean, I was already at 38% of the book and I still have a long way to go. There were so many chapters, switching between friends Veronica and Mackenna. And maybe the amount of chapters intimidated me back then. But right now, I'm determined to finish reading the book and finally put it on my Read shelf.

That's all I have for tonight. I still have to write on my journal and maybe continue to do some other things before I fall asleep.

See you tomorrow! Happy reading. 😊✌️💕📚📖

No comments:

Post a Comment