Saturday, September 21, 2024

012: Two Books Done And Started A New One!

Good morning! Here we go again with another daily blog entry about my reading journey, if it's actually right to call it that way. I'm trying my best to stay awake, to be honest. But maybe doing this will help in some way.

I removed my "Want to Read" book list in Goodreads yesterday. That's more than 300 books in the list that I declared to read over the years since having an account there. But looking at that list had ㅡ sometimes ㅡ give my mind some pressure and that sense of wanting to catch up with people reading so much who could "devour" books so easily. This shouldn't be, and yet it happened. And to be honest, deleting that list is better. It was like... giving off a sense of mystery, no matter how small, about what to read next (or even more so, what to finish reading next).

So my page count quota yesterday was 32, and I reached it. Of course, you know that when I have such "small" number of pages to be read in a day, I tend to read a lot more. And that's what happened yesterday! Not to mention, finding more books to store in my digital library and acquiring them. Yup, I've just given myself another way to pressure my reader self. 😁😂 But in this case, I don't mind having this digital list and easily opening each book when I want to.


I've started creating this picture since two days ago and I would exclusively post them on IG. Not today. So this is what happened to my reading journey yesterday.

I've finished reading two books!

  1. I've fully read the first volume of "By the Grace of the Gods" and was able to read 88 pages there. Yup, more than my page count quota. I love it! Like what I kept saying, this is such a comforting read ㅡ the very same feeling it gave to me when I first watched the anime version. Gave this one ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐.
  2. I read the remaining 20 pages of "Drop, Cover, and Hold On", which is the 4th book of the multi-authored "Improbable Meet Cute" series. If I'm being honest, I'm giving this a ⭐⭐.5 ratings. But since there isn't such a rating in Goodreads, I put ⭐⭐⭐. I don't know. I wasn't too keen about the whole thing. That's the feeling it gave to me and I don't know if that even made any sense.
With this two books finished, now my Goodreads Reading Challenge is looking slightly better than when I first started reading again. I mean, I know I still have 7 more books to read to catch up and be on schedule. But this is still looking better than how it was 12 days ago. Yes, I'm keeping track since I know I finished reading a book 12 days ago.

As for the book that I started reading yesterday instead of continuing to read my other pending ones, it's the second volume ot "By the Grace of the Gods". I managed to read up to page 49 yesterday, from Chapter 2 Episode 1 to the end of Chapter 2 Episode 4. The entire volume is just one chapter and what wa supposed to be chapters for us was called episodes. I know I mentioned this on my entry yesterday, but this is how they divide the segments/chapters of this light novel. I wanted to start reading Chapter 2 Episode 5 yesterday, but drowsiness was winning. 😁😁 And I gave in.


This is my page count quota for today. Yes, it's not that much and I'm not changing it. Depending on what will happen today, this could motivate me to read more, you know. At least, that's what I noticed these past days. And I love that. I could start reading the fifth novella in the "Improbable Meet Cute" series, though this one has a bit more pages than the 3rd and the 4th books. Or I could just continue reading the light novel. Whatever the case, let's reach today's quota.

I love writing like this and giving updates here every day. And two days ago, I came up with a certain realization.
I haven't read enough books, and so that's why I have writing slump/writer's block for weeks now.
It's something that came to me two days ago. But maybe I should talk about that in a different entry.

For now, this is all I have. See you tomorrow! Happy reading. 😊✌️💕📚📖

No comments:

Post a Comment