Monday, September 16, 2024

007: 6 Chapters To Go... And Then Some


Good morning! It's time of the week again where I have to wake up at 5 AM and I'm doing what I can not to fall asleep again after that. Maybe I should've fixed that other alarm clock so that I won't have to fall back asleep even on the weekends.

I don't know what to think about yesterday, to be honest. It felt like... everything passed by in a blur or something. I can't understand why I felt that way when I was just at home all day and doing my own thing. Thankfully, I got to finish my page count quota even with all my mind's craziness.


I'm still reading "While The Clock Ticked", of course. I still have 6 more chapters to read before I can finish reading it. I mean, that's not bad, right? The boys managed to have more clues that they needed to discover the identity of the harbor thieves even when various threats wanted them to stop. From the car model the thieves used to the people giving the threats. I stopped at the part where Frank and Joe where at the Purdy House again together with Hurd Applegate and Frank noticed someone listening to their conversation within the Purdy estate grounds and started chasing him! As much as I want to continue reading yesterday, my brain was screaming for me to stop. This is what happens when my mind knew that I already reached my page count quota.

I was able to read 50 pages yesterday of that book (24 more pages than the page count quota I got) and I know I was moving a little bit slow than I anticipated with this one. But I wasn't in a hurry. It's bad for my brain to force myself to read more when at one point, it would scream at me to stop forcing myself to read more pages. And I'd like to do the same approach to the Hardy Boys reading marathon, if I have the chance of actually doing it one of these days. At the moment, I was still on the debate section in my mind when it comes to this reading challenge idea.

Yesterday, I filled my digital library with more books than I could count (not exactly in a literal sense) that I felt interested to read and IT WAS INSANE, I tell you! Seriously insane! And it happened right before and even after I posted that 2nd blog entry yesterday. Blaming the reading challenge vlogs that I've watched again? Maybe. Did I regret getting (or hoarding should've been the better term for that) more books than I could read? I'm not sure. I still think that having that many books in my digital library is insane.

But without a doubt, it's something that feels amazing to me, regardless of the craziness that surrounded it. Weird, right? And yet, it's the truth.

I know I only talk about one book here and I don't even give the necessary update that much, as well. Then again, I'd like it more if I provide an update on what I was reading other than the page counts I've read when I was done reading the whole book. I think it's better that way, don't you think? I know most reading vlogs don't work that way. But in the meantime, this is how I'd like to do it here in each of the blog entry I write and post here.

There wasn't anything crazy or different that had happened in my life yesterday. I did manage to continue rewriting quotes and lyrics prompts (2 pages each) while watching more reading challenge vlogs. Multi-tasking? Maybe. Was it a bad idea? It is, without a doubt. But I still did it. I still haven't managed to continue writing my pending stories and at the moment, I don't really feel bad. Only because my mind was preoccupied and I could feel that I won't be able to concentrate writing, anyway.

As for my page count quota for today, this is what I got:


...and to think I used two different number generators to find me the pages I need to read. Both generators came up with the same number! What the heck? So there you go, 40 pages it is for today. Would I be able to finish the book today if I only have 6 more chapters to read? Probably. If I wouldn't be a little busy today.

One thing is sure, I need to go to the market today to buy stuff needed for this week's meal plan. They're definitely going to be heavy. 😁✌️

No comments:

Post a Comment